Musician Michael Roulston tells us all about his up-coming gig with singer Sarah-Louise Young at the Crazy Coqs, which features songs from their album Two Faced. Michael remembers when he first met Sarah and what let to forming the duo Roulston & Young. Sarah, by the way, also stars in Nathan Evans’ short film Curtains, which screens at BFI Flare on the 29th. Roulston & Young perform at Crazy Coqs on 17th, 18th and 19th March.
On the phone from Berlin, tour guide Brendan Nash talks about his ebook A Walk Along the Ku’damm – Playground and Battlefield of Weimar Berlin, which traces the history of Berlin’s famous boulevard and those who lived there, including the artist Jeanne Mammen. Brendan also explains why he decided to turn his findings into an ebook rather than a tour he would guide himself.
Alexander Geist is back. He plugs his new single, Malediction, sings live in the studio and chats about the inspiration for his songs and his time in Berlin. Alex plays at The Irrepressibles’s After Party at The Garage in Highbury on 20th March.
For rights reasons the music is not on the podcast, but that’s what you could hear on the show:
1) Roulston & Young: Gift Shop from the album Two Faced
2) Marlene Dietrich and Margo Lion: Wenn die beste Freundin from the album Falling in Love Again – The Marlene Dietrich Collection
3) Alexander Geist: Malediction (live) – on the podcast
4) Alexander Geist: Malediction
5) Faye Patton: All Around Town from the album Dangerous Loving