Naomi Paxton sits in for Rosie for our final live show of the year.
She talks to Sandra McCay over the phone about her humorous memoir about life, family and unexpected revelations, Oy Vey My Daughter’s Gay.
Devon Cox, American-born writer/historian and author of The Street of Wonderful Possibilities: Whistler, Wilde & Sargent in Tite Street discusses queerness, dress and society ahead of his upcoming talk at the National Portrait Gallery on 17 December.
Cabaret artist Jonny Woo, who brought Lou Reed’s classic album Transformer to life at Soho Theatre earlier this year, reviews the biography Notes from the Velvet Underground – The Life of Lou Reed by Howard Sounes.
For rights reasons the music is not on the podcast, but here’s what we played on the live show:
1) Memory Flowers: Life is Glorious
2) Allison Weiss: Who We Are from the album New Love
3) Lou Reed: Walk on the Wildside from the album Transformer
4) Pentatonix: Misbehavin’ from the album Pentatonix
5) Clare Teal: The Feeling’s Right from the album Jing, Jing-a-Ling