Rosie speaks to playwright Leigh Douglas about her contemporary coming-of-age fairytale Waking Beauty, which takes a fresh look through a feminist, queer lens at some traditional stories. It’s playing at Ovalhouse from 13 to 15 July.
Film maker Aaron Brookner discusses his film Uncle Howard ahead of a screening at the East End Film Festival, which ran from 23 June to 3 July.
Poet Helen Oakleigh performs live and talks about her piece Why We Need Pride, which she is also turning into a short film.
For rights reasons the music is not on the podcast, but here’s what we played on the live show:
1) Ezra Furman: Body Was Made from the album Perpetual Motion People
2) O’Hooley & Tidow: Shadows from the album Shadows
3) Cyndi Lauper: Misty Blue from the album Detour
4) Annie Keating: Trick Star from the album Trick Star
5) Sarah Walk: Keep on Dreaming from the album