Matt Williams speaks over the phone to poet and comedian Jackie Hagan ahead of her appearance at Queer’Say at Rich Mix on 9 September. Jackie lost her leg a couple of years ago and tours an award-winning solo show featuring her stump dressed as various celebrities.
Matt also reviews Theo & Hugo, winner of this year’s Teddy Award at Berlin’s International Film Festival.
Nathan Evans talks about his poetry collection Threads, which he presents at Gay’s the Word on 22 September and is published by Inkandescent. He also tells us what it was like being part of BBC 4’s All Together Now: The Great Orchestra Challenge with the London Gay Symphonic Orchestra. The LGSO can be heard live again on 16 October 2016 at St Sepulchre Without Newgate. The concert includes Benjamin Britten’s Four Sea Interludes from Peter Grimes – parts of the piece also feature in Britten in Brooklyn, which runs at Wilton’s Music Hall until 17 September. Nathan saw the the play for us and reports back.
For rights reasons the music is not on the podcast, but here’s what we played on the live show:
1) Saila feat. Kelli-Leigh: Sun Token
2) Frank Ocean: Self Control from the album Blonde
3) Nathan Evans: Suspended Animation
4) London Symphony Orchestra: Dawn from 4 Sea interludes from Peter
Grimes by Benjamin Britten
5) Sia feat. Kendrick Lamar: The Greatest
6) Sons of Sonics feat. Mel C: Numb from the album Version of Me